Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

House Tour {Part 1}

Guys!  We haven't left!  We've been on a bit of a hiatus with our renovation projects.  We've gotten to the point where we can tolerate living with the little (and big) repairs and annoyances for a while.  Another reason for the break?  Well, it's the best thing ever, really.  I will be showcasing my artwork at the Rochester Art Center from the end of April to the middle of June in the local emerging artist exhibit on the third floor.  Say wha?!  For realz guys.  I get to work along side some fantastically talented individuals, one being Ms. Naura.  She has been a big supporter not only of my artwork but a big advocate for local artists and the community as well, so working with her is going to be nothing short of amaze-balls.  All of my free-time will be dedicated to creating from now until the pictures are hung on the wall.

If you get a moment somewhere between May-June-ish, please stop down to the RAC for some sexy eye-candy and check out all they have to offer. (RAC)  If you are interested in getting on the mailing list for the low-down on the exhibit I am participating in, please let me know.  I would take great joy in sending you a flyer.

I'm feeling pretty bad that I have only done a couple of blog posts this month.  Therefore, I am going out with a bang!  One more post to top off February.  I know, I am crazy like that AND the fact that I am doing it on a Saturday night?! Whoa. Watch out.

This isn't a DIY, but instead something a bit more personal.  We welcome you to view some quick snap shots of our cozy dwelling, in it's current state.  It is easy to pick out all of the things we still want to change, but at this moment, like I said before, we are in a place where we can hang-out for a little bit and still feel happy in our home.  *Smiles*

Enjoy creeping around in our home.

Where the food happens:




Our kitchen certainly isn't the biggest, and a big island right in the middle (major space muncher), isn't the most ideal.  Ideally, I would like to get rid of the island completely, and place cupboards and a counter against the wall, flush.  Then that would completely open up the middle of our kitchen.  Give me more storage and space or give me death, am I right?  The stain of the kitchen cabinets is tolerable, but could be so much better.  I am looking at a neutral/grey-green paint color to compliment the stone work.  Tutorial to come.  Possibly a new stainless steel stove?  A girl can dream.  The white countertops aren't my fav, but it could always be worse, way worse:


Ahhh!


The Upstairs Loo:





Our bathroom is pretty darn small- typical split- so we really had to maximize the spaces potential and introduce colors that would make the space appear larger.  I know blue bathrooms can be rather cliché, but I enjoy the feel this blue tone gives off in this space.  The tile was done by me and Shane.  Not the best, but not the worst either.  Something we can be proud of.  We are fans of the subway tile, with dark grout.  There is something about it that feels like vintage to me.  The sink was a great find from Home Depot.  We had a huge, ugly oak one that was painted sixteen times in there before.  It had to go, and in went this slick guy.  Is it possible for a bathroom to be one of your favorite rooms of the house?

The Dining Room {AKA the room that is never used}



The Pier One harvest table was a great find off of Craigslist for $100.00 smacks.  The chairs were from a very dear couple who have very similar taste in style as me and Shane.  I could never part with these.  The kick-ass pendant light can be purchased from Lowes.

As you may have noticed in these photos, we have taken a minimalist approach to our décor.  It is nice to not have to fuss with so much, while still being able to display key pieces that represent you.

Living Space (AKA Dining Room, T.V. Room, Dog Playroom)





There are some pieces of furniture, where after three months of using it and looking at it, you still love it just as much as the first day.  We absolutely adore our JC PENNEY Darrin Sofa. (Darrin Fabric Sofa)  The quality is great.  It is comfortable, large, and constructed well-- That's what she said.  The silhouette is a classy mid-century-modern piece.  My only regret is not having more than one.  I also enjoy my mirrored console table.  I think it is not only a unique piece, but also something eclectic and girly.  A great partner to the more masculine pieces.  And that faux fireplace.  I just love that faux fireplace.

Hallway: {Because I didn't want an uploaded picture to go to waste}


I really want to replace the light with something a little less safe looking.  I was thinking of doing a capiz pendant (similar to this: Capiz).  Before the hallway was filled with all things flat, paneled, and oak.  The trim didn't match the doors either.  A vast improvement with the white.  I would love to see the floor with light grey hardwood on it instead of carpet someday, but whatev.  One step at a time.

Check back later for Part 2 of the house tour.  Thanks for stopping over, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment