Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Gutters with Updates

Well shoot.  Has it been almost a month already since the last blog post?  We promise we are dedicated to our readers.  Believe us!  Life happens, we tell ya.

Just wanted to send you a couple of updates on our house, and life I suppose.

Last weekend Shane went to a movie with our bud, Thomas.  Thomas is a pretty handy-dandy lad, and in returning from the movie he offered his services in putting up our GUTTERS.  Wha?!  I'll let that excitement sink in... still sinking?  Yeah, us too!  At 24 we could have cared less about gutters... wisin' up.

We only put gutters on the back of our house.  The front is much too tall for the Whiting household, but we think we will try to bribe Thomas with some great gift options. The back itself cost us around $150.00.  We still have yet to create the down spout, so another $50.00 easy.  We aren't complaining of the cost as our new deck will thank us.  Actually, the cost is peanuts compared to if we hired a company to do it for us.  We like peanuts.



Because we are pretty new at this gutter thing, we opted for white vinyl.  The thought of not having to glue/fill anything sounded pretty glamorous.  BUT if you want to do it the right way, stick with aluminum.  It was a learning opportunity.  Chances are we are putting aluminum on the front.  No one will know the difference, well, except all of you who are reading this.  Shhh.



I think I will leave the explaining of the actual process up to Shane.  He needs another blog post under his belt.  Am I right, or am I right?

Let's see... what else has been going on?  Well, this past weekend, our dearest friends Morgan and Tyler tied the knot in a beautifully intimate ceremony at the Plummer House in Rochester, Minnesota.  It's a go-to location for senior portraits and family photos.  Nestled in the heart of the city, you wouldn't even think this place would be here... but it is.



The Love Birds.

Forever friends/bridesmaids.  These are seriously good people.
With my girl, Morgie.

The whole operation was smooth sailing with no hiccups... well, maybe the ice cream cake was a little chilly.  Congrats again Morgan and Tyler!  I believe in soul mates, but I also believe that a lot of people are compatible with one another.  This particular love story is all about soul mates and good timing.

Another awesome event that is currently taking place is the kids all day art camp at the Rochester Art Center.  There is no limit to their creativity, and I encourage any parent in the area to sign their kids up.  Just the other day I received an image that melted my heart.  The onsite specific mural I did for my gallery showing was left behind for the kids to paint in throughout the summer.  They took the original from this-


To this-


The next couple of days are dedicated to finishing this elephants habitat with rivers, trees and all.  My plan is to head down there tomorrow over lunch and meet these talented artists before the big unveiling of their art show.  The RAC has been such a blessing to this community, and it is encouraging to see them steam-rolling their way through Rochester.  The RAC isn't going anywhere.  Thank god.

Speaking of the RAC, I got to wear a new hat last night.  I was no longer Jenna.  I took on a new facade as DJ TANNER.



I can't even tell you how adorable it was seeing the little kids dancing around in circles with their balloons.  It was even refreshing to see the parents nodding their heads to some Ace of Base.  As a DJ, I like to mix it up with the classics, ya know?  Seriously though, in another life I would have been a DJ... or a sniper. (scary)

I hope to be welcomed back for additional events!  The RAC has really changed my perspective in life.  Such a great facility to be a part of and everyone there feels like family.  They have encouraged me to come out of my shell a lot more, probably without realizing they did this for me, and to embrace my individuality.  I owe the RAC a lot for that reason alone and I'm really loving life right now.

Happy Thursday folks!

2 comments:

  1. Thomas did a pretty good job on this one! He really is quite the handyman, since few people do this by themselves. Mostly because there's a chance of having problems if the gutters weren't installed properly. But it looks like that's not the case. But if you do have the chance to get it inspected by a professional or someone you know who is familiar with construction, then it would be best to do so. I hope it serves you well in the rainy seasons! Cheers!

    Evan Ford @ Easy Fall Guttering

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s great that you managed to install the gutters yourself. Those saved labor costs could be used to buy deck furniture, or additional funds for other home improvement projects. That being said, I agree that aluminum seems to be the better choice for gutters, since they’re sturdier and more resilient. But the vinyl ones doesn’t look bad at all, so I guess you can keep those until they wear out. Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us. All the best!


    Meghan Bowers @ Gutter Dome

    ReplyDelete