Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Campaign Dresser Update

Remember these?


My apologies for the crap-tastic photo, but you get the picture. You can find previous posts about this handsome pair here and here.

Well folks, I finally finished it.  After what was a couple of years, I'm finally in a place where I am confident enough that I won't be changing them again.  I present to you the ugly duckling of dressers, now a swan.


Swoon!!!  The wood top was added and secured with brackets so that little trinkets and make-up brushes did not fall in between the cracks of the dresser... because that wasn't annoying at all.


I also added three coats of clear poly to the top because the wood was too beautiful to mask. For a fool proof application, follow the instructions on the can. **Big Tip: Sand in between coats, starting with a medium grit sandpaper and working your way down to a very fine grit sandpaper.

In the end, these $16.00 dressers were a process, a thorn in my side, and a pebble in my shoe, but I am beyond thrilled that I stuck with it.

Final breakdown of cost:

$16.00 Dressers
$28.00 Wood
$3.00 Brackets
$3.00 Tarn-x
"Free" Paint
_____________
$50.00 Total

Cost of a legit campaign dresser online?  $1,800.00.  You do the math.

No comments:

Post a Comment