Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

Art Exhibit (Always Ever, Never After)

Throughout my lifetime I have had the privilege of trying on, and wearing, multiple hats.  I do have an issue of filtering through my "hats."  If I get sick of wearing one for too long, I toss it aside.  That being said, there is one "hat" that I refuse to take off.  I've been wearing it since I can remember, and even when I can't.  Okay, enough with the hat reference already.  Art has been the center of my existence throughout my life so far.  I have never been unsure about it, never been angry with it, I have always trusted in it, and found ways to express my emotions when I otherwise couldn't.

When I was approached by a dear friend a couple of months ago who works as a curator at the Rochester Art Center to see if I would be interested in closing out the RAC2 exhibit for the year, I was thrilled to say the least!  Now, I have never been one for bragging rights, I actually keep my artwork on the more private side, but this opportunity has launched me into a different dimension.  Instead of being worried about what people think about my personal innovation, I decided to not fricken care anymore.  Why hide something you are that passionate about because you're afraid of a few negative comments?  Lame.  Plus, the amount of inconceivable support I receive(d) only makes me that much more determined.

So here it is:  An explosion of my personal artwork and because I have to-- I do custom orders, and all original and printed artwork will be available for purchase on June 14th, 2014.   I hope you enjoy browsing as much I enjoyed creating.
Press Release:  Rochester Art Center
The Local Experiment is an uncensored media outlet that looks to bring artists, businesses, and the community together, one episode at a time.  It allows individuals and companies who are passionate about what they do to have a voice, and an impressive video to go along with it.  Please click the link to view Jennalee Grassle Whiting-- Always Ever, Never After- RAC2 Exhibit (The Local Experiment Episode 30).

The Local Experiment Posse, starting from right: Tyler Aug- The ever talented film and media wizard; Chelsee Jean- The ever beautiful hostess with the mostess; Issac Hunt- Guest Host, best laugh; and Jennalee (me)-  The artist.
The elephant in the room- The Local Experiment


The Lamp

The Lion

The Lady
Well, that is it for now folks.  Hope you enjoyed your sneak peek, and if you want to see more, head down to the Rochester Art Center to see all of the talented artists exhibits.  You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment