Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

Hanging Shelf (DIY)

I made this hanging shelf for our bathroom downstairs to cover the dead space above our toilet.


How?

First, I bought a board.

Then I cut it.

Next, I drilled two holes on either side for the rope to go through.

I found the studs in the wall with my stud finder and screwed in the hooks.

I measured and cut four ropes to keep them even.

I placed a level on the shelf to make sure it was nice and straight.

Then I secured the ropes with a large knot, and cut off the excess.

Finally, I put stuff on my shelf.

Cost Breakdown:

Board: $7.00
Rope: $3.00
Pack of Hooks: $2.00
_________________
$12.00 for useful storage?  Yes.  Yes, please.


Then this happened-


Nothing ever changes in this house.  Pssssh.  More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment