Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Yellow Campaign Dresser Flea Market Find

A few weekends back our town hosted its annual Gold Rush in Rochester, Minnesota.  The weather was junk, but the Rush diehards persevered.  Obviously I'm talking about myself, guys.  So hardcore.

Our Gold Rush group seems to expand a bit more every year.  Me and Shane are pretty lucky to have friends and family who don't mind digging and sifting through a bunch of shit (literally).  This year I scored a "planter," which I'm guessing use to be a pig feeder of some kind, and this... dun, dun, dun, dun, duuuun!  Campaign dresser!  I was giving it a good cleaning and came across a 1963 ACME Tractor Guide hidden behind the drawers.  This could only mean one thing-- I scored this vintage (if not antique) piece for $25.00. (insert exploding head here)

I had every intention of repainting this piece but I'm realizing the color is growing on me, at least in the interim.  There was a bit of board rot on the bottom, so I got that ripped out and replaced with some fresh poplar.  The tall boy is missing some hardware pieces that will eventually be replaced, but I can't complain, considering one vintage campaign pull is $20.00, and I've got seven.  Totally deserves bragging rights.


I HIGHLY recommend you check out your local flea markets and thrift stores for these killer finds, especially during garage sale season.  Check back later for more progress updates on the bathroom(s) and entryway.

No comments:

Post a Comment