Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

This Can't Be Our House. It Just Can't Be.

...because people are always curious about before and after images, (I am so guilty of this) I thought it would be fun to show you what our house looked like the day we bought it.  The only issue is, we couldn't afford a camera back then, and cellphone pictures?  Well, let's just say my Verizon Chocolate (first generation), wasn't capable of great quality photos... er.. maybe it was me that wasn't capable and didn't know how to take pictures?  Either way.  Didn't happen.

So, then I Googled our address...

Living Room
Basement View #1
Dining
Basement View # 2
"Master" Bedroom (REDRUM)
Downstairs Bathroom
Kitchen
Upstairs Guest Room
Deck
:-/

Although major improvements are still making headway in our house... looking at these photos gives me a good idea as to why I was hell bent on changing it up in there.  So... boring.  So typical.  So ugly.

It is easy for me to get all hot and bothered about projects getting put on the back burner-- when they need to be done LIKE RIGHT NOW.  But I think it is safe to say that, comparing the before's, after's and the in progress photos, our home looks nothing like this anymore.  Nothing.  Thank God.

Conclusion:  I fricken love Google.  High five.

... and just for comparison sake, let's take a look at some of these "transition" photos.

2006... Oh the horror 
Early 2014
Now
2006...

Now
2006...
2012
Now(ish)
2006
Early 2014
2006
Now
I know I am WAY BEHIND on getting updated photos of our remodel(s)... but you know how it goes. Crossing my fingers that it might actually happen kinda soon.  Now, what are you waiting for? If it's broke... go fix it.

1 comment: